1.What are synthetic lifting slings?
The synthetic lifting sling is commonly used in lifting operations and is made of synthetic fiber. it is the flexible sling with excellent performance, and is the replacement of wire rope slings. The sling can be widely used in machinery, ships, electricity, electronics, ports and other fields, it is easy to use, favored by users. The lifting sling is divided into EB-B flat sling, EB flat eye sling, EA round sling, EA-A round eye sling. material: polyester sling , ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene sling, nylon sling, DuPont silk sling, other synthetic fiber sling etc.
Type: Single, double, four-layers. Lifting Strength: Flat sling 1T-30T Round sling 1T-300T and else. sling width: 25mm-150mm. Elastic elongation: 2%-3% of the maximum working strength under rated load <10%. Load identification: During use, the load tonnage can be identified by the color of the sling jacket after the label on the sling has worn off. Operating temperature: -40-100 degrees Celsius. Safety factor: 5:1 /6:1/ 7:1
The UHMWPE synthetic sling use a high-strength polyethylene fiber that provides maximum strength with minimal weight, which is up to 15 times stronger than high-quality steel and 40% stronger than aramid. A UHMWPE synthetic sling of the same size weighs only a quarter of the weight of a normal sling and has a diameter one-half that of a normal sling.
2.The advantages of synthetic lifting sling
1. Can extremely well maintain the hanging items, so that its appearance is not damaged;
2. The use of the process has shock absorption, non-corrosive, non-conductive, in the flammable and explosive environment does not spark;
3. The weight is only 20% of the steel lifting sling, easy to take and carry on the lifting preparation work;
4. The elastic elongation rate is small, can reduce the risk of rebound injury.
5. Lightweight to carry, easy to maintain and good chemical resistance
6. The synthetic sling is subjected to uniform forces, thus extending the working life of the sling
7. Abrasion and cut-off resistant sleeve can be attached
8. Many ways of lifting, can also be used to drag the suspended object
3.The disadvantages of synthetic lifting slings
The disadvantages of synthetic lifting slings are mainly different from those of steel wire slings, the main manifestations are: when the subjects need to be lifted has sharp edges, these sharp edges can cause destructive cuts to the synthetic sling, in order to protect the synthetic lifting sling from cuts, a protective sleeve can be made between the sling and the object to be sung.
4.How to choose the right synthetic lifting slings?
When choosing a right synthetic lifting sling, you must take into account the size, weight, and shape of the load to be lifted, and the method of using the coefficients that will be affected by the lifting method to be accepted, and consider the requirements for the maximum force, as well as the situation and type of load. Adequate capacity must be selected for the appropriate length of the sling that is satisfactory for the method of use.
5.Precautions for use of synthetic lifting slings
1、When lifting a subjects, first choose a good sling that can bear the load.
2、The use of synthetic lifting sling is not allowed to be overloaded.
3、Do not use a sling that has been damaged with the naked eyes.
4、The synthetic sling and the ring sleeve at both ends and the metal fittings must have a sufficient radius.
5、Crossing or twisting use is not allowed.
6、No use on rough surfaces.
7、Don’t drag when moving the sling and cargo.
8、Knotting and twisting are not allowed during use.
9、Don’t use a sling which sheath is badly damaged.
10、When encountering loads with sharp corners and edges of the goods, there must be protective measures, protective sheaths and corners should be used.
11、When the subject is lifted, the synthetic sling is not allowed to hang the goods for too long.
12、Prevent impact loads during loading.
13, avoid soft eyes opening angle more than 20 degrees.
14、complete sets of rigging sling, when several sling at the same load, you can let the single sling bear the force , should make the load evenly distributed in each sling as possible as you can.
15、It is prohibited to use in a high temperature environment, the sling use ambient temperature (-40-100).
6.How to make the synthetic lifting slings more resistant
1. Use a protective sleeve or rubber or other wear-resistant material when using the synthetic sling.
2. Avoid hanging the goods on the sling for a long time, every shaking process is wearing the sling.
3. Avoid carrying goods with sharp edges during lifting. The edges of the cargo will reduce friction.
4. Place the sling once before lifting the goods, avoid dragging the sling to find the right position.
7.Discard criteria for synthetic lifting slings
1. The synthetic sling has been cut, severely bruised, the sling has been lossen or partially broken.
2. The surface of the sling is badly worn and hairy, and is abnormally deformed.
3. Fiber softening or aging, rough surface, easy to peel off, elasticity is reduced, load strength is weakened.
4. Sling mold deterioration, acid and alkali burns, hot melting or burning.
5. The surface is too lax and corroded.
6. There is a partial scrape, scratched by a local sharp object, with obvious damage; with the transverse edge of the cut should be immediately scrapped.
7. For the outer skin of the sling has broken and torn, the internal bearing bundle is intact, until the outer skin is intact, it is forbidden to reuse again.
8. Synthetic Lifting sling maintenance and servicing
1. Use and store away from heat sources (fire sources and electrical welding)
2. avoid long-term use in sunlight and ultraviolet light, radiation conditions.
3. After using it for 3-6 months, it should be cleaned naturally. For acid and alkali use, immediately rinse it off with cool water, detergent or neutralizer and then dry it.
4、Prevent mold and rodent bite after use, the sling after rodent bite is given to scrap treatment.
5、If there is a small cut on the protective sleeve,it can be protected with tape to avoid further cracking,but it must be carefully checked to determine whether there is no internal damage before continuing to use. If there is a large cut on the protective sleeve, it must be checked for repair and continued use.
If you like our article, please share it.thanks